- Preheat your oven to 180c or 170 if its a fan oven
- Chop the tomatoes, put them in a non stick frying pan with a little coconut butter, the chopped garlic, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Turn the heat on to medium-high and saute add the spinach and cook until its wilted.
- Grease a pie dish with the remaining coconut butter.
- Spread the spinach and tomatoes on the bottom of the pie dish, then crumble half the feta over the top.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs until smooth.
- Add the milk, Parmesan, and a small sprinkle of pepper whisk together.Pour this mixture into the pie dish over the spinach, tomatoes and feta.
- Sprinkle the remaining feta cheese over top.
- Place the frittata into the preheated oven and bake until it is golden brown on top and the center is solid. Every oven is different but this should take between 45 minutes and an hour. Slice and serve!
Spinach contains phyto chemicals which have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancerous. It also contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate, manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2.
Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin A, B,C, folate, they help to reduce inflammation in the digestive tract and help dissolve urea preventing the formation of uric acid crystals! In 2006 an article published in the "European Journal of Clinical Nutrition" found that eating cooked tomatoes with a small amount of food that contains fat, such as olive oil or cheese helps your body absorb the lycopene and antioxidants in cooked tomatoes.
Garlic is a anti-coagulant and it also helps to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood, It also has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties.
Eggs yolks are a dietary sources of the B-complex vitamin choline, which is associated with better neurological function and reduced inflammation