- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups of vegetable broth/ marigold reduced salt vegetable bouilon powder
- 1/4 cup 3-6-9 oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of quinoa
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- small bunch of fresh parsley (we prefer flat-leaf, but curly works too)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers cubed
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes cubed
Cook quinoa in vegetable broth until it fluffs up, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While quinoa is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.
Wash the parsley then use a salad spinner or paper towels to thoroughly dry it. Remove all the stems, then grab a handful and roll it up and slice the roll as thinly as possible. Chop the parsley in the opposite direction to the direction you sliced and you should get it pretty evenly chopped.